SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING in 2020
We all talk about SEM, does anyone exactly knows what search engine marketing actually is? What are SEM channels? How it can affect your business? This is what we are going to discuss today in the preceding article notes that how Search Engine Marketing is effective in 2020.
ELDERLY TECHNIQUES FOR SEM
The question is when there was no SEM, how people marketing their businesses? The SEM was introduced in 2001. Before that people mostly advertise their products, services and businesses through elderly marketing strategies such as billboards, print media, television ads etc.
THE NEED OF SEM
The elderly promotional ways were quiet fine but advertisers were having some real issues in finding:
- Real Targeted Audience. No one knows who watched their ads or if the one who took their print material is a genuine consumer of the product. There was no control over geographic neither you have control to the audience you would interest to target.
- Statistics: The print media and television ads scope was limited enough for the investors to the statistics of their promotions. Since everyone knows businesses invest a lot in their promotions so they must need to know how many actual visitors they had? Is there someone who is interested in using their products? No click through metrics etc.
- Analytics: The promotions runs their way but no one knows if someone in the area or territory of said business actually viewed the product. If you are in US and someone is watching your ad in Europe, that’s doesn’t makes any sense.
- Reviews: There was no tool for consumer to rate or review a business. If there is a product that is not feasible for human use, it can’t be easily reported or spread through the nation.
Nowadays everyone is connected with the internet and people mostly use Google search to become familiar about products, its reviews, ratings etc before buying it. Though the businesses strategies are more defined now but on the other hand consumers life becomes uncomplicated. At the same time, businesses can now effectively target huge audience and pitch more efficiently.
Next we are discussing some more detailed topic on:
- What is SEM and how it works?
- How SEM play an effective role in businesses promotion?
- What are search engine marketing channels?
If you haven’t checked my recent article about the SEO, this is the time. If you are unknown to SEO, then this article surely makes no sense for you. Check out What is SEO?
What is SEM?
Since we now have a good command over SEM history, i think its time to talk about SEM briefly. SEM stands for “Search Engine Marketing”. It is a combination of organic and paid search to rank your website on top. SEM advertise to potential customers when they search for specific words that are relevant to your business, that words or phrases are called keywords.
How PPC is productive in SEM?
PPC means Pay Per Click. Advertisers will only pays when someone clicks on their ads so if your ad is appears and no one clicks on it, you won’t be charged.
How SEM Works?
Here is an working algorithm of SEM further we discussed below!
- Content: Good Content is essential for search engine marketing, if your content is good so your business gonna rank higher soon. So as a Content Marketing strategist you have to arrange and find good content according to your business niche.
- Target Group: This is something like your target audience, who is more into your business. You ca find very easily through SEM.
- Marketing: Paid and organic reach of your business so people can find you easily.
- WWW and Search: WWW stands for ” World Wide Web“. Search engine marketing helps your business to rank top in search engine result pages.
How SEM play an effective role in business promotion?
The search engine marketing (SEM) role for business is very effective because you get a target audience of your business. Paid ads are linked with sales pages so you can generate your revenue and your leads.