HOW TO FIND SITEMAP IN WORDPRESS
I always tried to be specific with the article but also fond of telling importance as well as needs for each article. So let me first tell you why a sitemap is important for your website?
WHY A SITEMAP IS IMPORTANT
A sitemap is a way for search engine to quickly gets familiar with the posts and pages of your website. You can generate a sitemap at your own but if you are using Yoast SEO plugin, it comes with an auto-generated XML Sitemap. All you need to know is how to find it from your WordPress admin.
TYPES OF SITEMAP
There are two types of sitemap. One is XML Sitemap which is used for search engines however the other one is HTML Sitemap which you can display anywhere on your website for ease of audience search.
WHERE TO FIND XML SITEMAP IN WORDPRESS ADMIN
As mentioned above, it will be highly convenient for you to find out XML Sitemap for your WordPress website if you are using Yoast SEO plugin. No matter if its a free version or premium one, both have standard XML Sitemap auto generated. To find out how to locate XML Sitemap for your WordPress website, follow my guidelines mentioned below:
- Hover over Yoast SEO icon in the left menu of wp-admin.
- Go to General Settings and click on Features.
- Under features you can see XML Sitemap option at fifth order.
- Next to XML Sitemap >>> click on Question Mark. You will notice some more options like See the XML sitemap. Read why XML Sitemaps are important for your site.
- Click on See the XML sitemap and you will be directed to auto generated XML Sitemap for your website.
You can use the redirected URL while setting up robot.txt file for your website.
Getting Ready to start a new business? Let’s discuss your website needs!