GOOGLE SITEKIT WORDPRESS PLUGIN
Are you looking around for help for setting up Google SiteKit WordPress Plugin? You can do it literally in 5 minutes. Surprised? Yes i am 100% positive that you can do it in 5 minutes. You don’t need to hire a professional and you don’t need to be technical enough.
What do you need to get started?
All you need is a Gmail account but we prefer to use one associated with your Google Business. This will help you and Google to collect your data easily.
How to install Google SiteKit with your WordPress website?
This is a simple five steps guide to get you going with a successful installation and configuration setup. Once you have successfully login in to WordPress admin, follow below steps:
- Go to Plugins and select Add New.
- Search for Google SiteKit in the top right search bar.
- Once you see results like screenshot below, click Install and wait for the Activate button to appear.
- Next click on Activate button and you’re all done with the installation.
How to configure Google SiteKit plugin?
Once you are done with the installation, you will see a prompt for successful activation like the one you see in screenshot below. Next you need to hit Start Setup to run a simple step by step automated setup.
This setup will connect your Gmail account and verify ownership of your website within three steps. These steps will verify your website ownership, connect your website’s analytic account as well as search console.
- Verify site ownership
- Allow www.example.com to access Google Account data
- Set up Search Console
This is where you need your Gmail account. Simply Signin or Create a New Account with Gmail and complete above steps. The SiteKit will ask you multiple permissions in the following steps but make sure to read before accepting access level so that you are aware of what you are doing.
You will next prompted with Congratulation screen for a successful setup with a button showing at the end to access your Google SiteKit Dashboard. So let’s hit Go to my Dashboard and enjoy some of the fascinating features of Google SiteKit plugin.
Start configuring SiteKit plugin.
This dashboard is where you to need to configure multiple Google services with your WordPress website. The SiteKit dashboard have four major services to show your website analytics and metrics within a single dashboard. These services are:
- Search Console. You’re already done with it’s configuration while verifying your Gmail account. No action needed.
- AdSense. If you want your website to run AdSense, you can connect your AdSense account here once you click Connect Service showing in the AdSense section.
- Analytics. Though you are done with verification in the above steps but you haven’t connected your analytics or webmaster account. To see real time data from your analytics right in your WordPress dashboard, click Connect Service and follow the automated setup guide.
- PageSpeed Insight. This is the last service you need to connect. By connecting this service you will benefit with real time speed test run for free in your WordPress admin dashboard every time you logged in. So its always better to stay updated with the scores of your website on Desktop as well as on Mobile devices.
So you’re all done with installing, setting up and configuring Google SiteKit Plugin. If you see below message within the dashboard that means Google services are still gathering required data for your website. This normally takes a week for the Google crawler to gather your website data and show real time metrics right in front of you.
Search Console Gathering Data
Don’t forget to read about:
- Setting up Sitemap of your WordPress website for better Google appearance.
- Robot.txt file setup for your WordPress website.
- Why Yoast SEO is important for your website?
If this article helped you, show your support on Social Media