How to add Google Calendar to a WordPress Website
Adding Google Calendar in to your WordPress website is way far easier than you think. You can do it yourself following some simple steps.
Whether you are running a business, or heading a church or if you want people to see your busy time, Google calendar is the one that solves everything you need. You can easily embed your Google calendar in to WordPress website for showing events and occupied time slots publicly.
Let’s get you through the process how i usually embed Google calendar in to WordPress websites using super simple tips.
All you need to get started is a Gmail Account. You can either login or register yourself, if you don’t have one.
Once you are logged in, open up your Google calendar and generate an embed code. To generate embed code from your Google calendar, start following super simple steps in the preceding paras.
How to generate embed code from Google Calendar
- Step#01. In the left sidebar of your Google calendar, locate the calendar you wish to share publicly under My Calendars.
- Step#02. Click on the three dots next to your calendar name and select Settings and Sharing option. This will open up your calendar settings where you can setup permission levels and can get embed code needed for your WordPress website.
- Step#02. Once you are on settings page, click on your calendar name appearing in the left side bar. This will open up a sub-menu where you can see all options and settings available for your calendar.
- Select Access Permissions
- Check Make available to public. This will open up a warning pop-up.
- Select OK in the warning popup to make your calendar public.
- To the right of Make available to public you can use the dropdown to either show all of your event or only busy schedule from your calendar.
- Step#03. The next step is to get the embed code. From left side bar menu, select Integrate Calendar showing as second last option. This will show you multiple options such as:
- Public URL to this calendar (You can use this URL to see or check your calendar in a browser window).
- Embed code (This is the code you needed for showing up Google calendar to your website page).
- Public address in iCal format (You can use this URL to share your calendar in iCalShare.
- Select address in iCal format (Use this address if you are setting up an iCalShare account to embed your calendar).
Copy the embed code showing in there. This code will have your Google account name so make sure you are fine with showing it publicly.
Don’t know how to use embed code in a WordPress website page? Try reading out..
Tired of trying this at your own? Simply connect with us